LINE BY LINE: Writing About Fashion
I was so excited when I discovered a tweet from Kristen of The Clothing Menu letting her followers know about an upcoming class she signed up for at the Boston Center for Adult Education.
And it's designed specifically for freelance writers and bloggers that focus on fashion! The class is taught by Stuff Magazine's editor Erica Corsano, a style expert, former publicist, and media maven that's worked for the likes of Lucky Magazine, Daily Candy, Yelp.com, and Boston Common Magazine.
In the 3-hour class, you'll learn:
- how to conduct market research
- how to spot and predict trends
- how to hone your writing voice
- which fashion buzz words you should use, shouldn't use, or should use sparingly!
- how to pitch to publish
- general copyrighting tips and tricks
DATE: Monday, April 4th
TIME: 6:00-9:00 PM
COST: $40 (or $35 if you're a BCAE member)